* Built as a hotel in 1846 for the steamboat passengers on the Des Moines River, the Mason House Inn is the oldest hotel on the Des Moines River that is still in use. It has been a hosptial 3 different times, a Station on the Underground Railway, and a boarding house for town doctors and teachers. It has been a Bed & Breakfast since 1960. We have a large customer following and are nationally known.
* Due to declining health, we are looking to retire.
* The Inn comes with $200,000.00 of original antiques and furniture.
Includes the Main House with 6 guest rooms and Owner's Quarters, The General Store building with 2 guest rooms, and the Caboose Cottage. All rooms have their own bathroom with shower.
* There are 5 town lots included, which is almost an acre of land, a two car garage, and 3 additional outbuildings.
* We are requiring that the new owners run the Bed and Breakfast business, and do something that benefits Bentonsport.
* We are requiring that all furniture stays with the building, in perpetuity.
* We are willing to teach you the Business the way we do it, but feel free to make it your own Business.
* The Inn makes enough income to pay it's own bills, but a side income for personal expenses is helpful.
* We are asking $450,000.00, but feel free to make an offer.
* We are willing to talk to you about this, please call us at
Here's your chance to own a piece of Iowa History!